Once the hammer comes down on your vehicle, you will want to take it away as soon as possible.
BCA charges a fee for purchasing a vehicle; this is referred to as the Buyers Fees. The Standard Buyers Fees are available at all BCA Auction Centres.
The MyBCA card programme provides the opportunity to earn discounted Buyers Fees.
Illustrated below is the typical saving you can benefit from when you achieve MyBCA Gold card status:
|Hammer Price||Buyer Fees including VAT
|MyBCA Blue card||MyBCA Gold card
Please note: Additional Buyers Fees are applicable in respect of vehicles other than cars and motorcycles. The standard additional fee per vehicle is £25.00*
Blue Card - Up to 3 vehicles per annum
Gold Card - 12-99 vehicles per annum
Online Buyers Fee
When you purchase a vehicle online including BCA Live Online there is an additional online buyers’ fee of £44.00 +VAT per vehicle. This fee may be subject to change.
All vehicles offered as BCA Off Site (excluding e-Auction) have a Flat Buyers fee of £70.00 +VAT and delivery (UK mainland only) (excluding BCA Live Online).
Please note that other fees may apply:
- BCA Assured Fees BCA Assured is a 30 point mechanical check.
BCA Assured fees depend on your MyBCA Card colour, all prices shown exclude VAT:
|Fee *ex VAT
- Credit Card Fees Payment may be made by credit card up to a value of £50,000.
- Cash Handling Fees Payment by cash is accepted (up to a maximum of £8,000 for any single transaction or series of linked transactions) and will be subject to a cash handling fee of 1.25% + VAT.
- Storage Fees Vehicles not paid for or not collected on time will be subject to daily storage fees for each day or part day that they remain overdue or onsite. The payment date is printed on the vehicle invoice. The collection date is advised when the vehicle has been paid and the pass-out is issued.
- V5 DVLA Notification Fees The name and address details of new owners of vehicle purchases by non-account buyers are notified to the DVLA. The charge for this notification is £26 incl. VAT
* We reserve the right to amend Buyers Fees in relation to specialist sales. Please contact the relevant auction centre before bidding.
You can either pay your deposit before the sale at the cashier’s office or immediately following a successful bid at the rostrum in the auction hall. The deposit will be £500 or 20% of the hammer price, whichever is greater. Deposits must be paid in cash or by Maestro or Visa debit card.
Go to the cashier’s office and pay the balance of the agreed price and buyer’s fee. We make this simple with a range of payment options:
- telegraphic transfer - call the auction centre for more details
- MasterCard or Visa credit card to a maximum value of £50,000 . Only 1 credit card per transaction.
- debit card, such as UK Maestro, Visa and Electron, to a maximum value of £50,000
- banker’s draft to a maximum value of £5,000 with 2 forms of ID (vehicles released on cleared funds, or subject to BCA Account and credit limit status)
- You can also Pay Online for certain services.
Because we act as an agent for the seller, we are obliged to notify the DVLA of any change of ownership or keeper and to provide new name and address details when we sell a vehicle.
Therefore, when you have completed your purchase, we will update the V5C registration document before we hand over the vehicle to you. We then forward the relevant part of the V5C registration document to the DVLA at Swansea on your behalf.
The DVLA will send you a new V5C registration document with your details.
If you are a private buyer or do not hold a MyBCA card, we will charge you a fee of £26 (incl VAT) for this service.
Having arranged payment and registration documents for your new vehicle you are requested to remove it. As you can imagine, we need to keep things moving at our auction centres to make sure we always have fresh stock for our customers. Therefore unless your payment is in the process of clearing you must pay for and remove your new vehicle within 24 hours of buying it.
Calculate the cost of having your car driven from a BCA centre direct to you (must be road legal & drivable)*